Sunday, December 9, 2007

Quiet, but not for long

This is one of the few times I will be at a loss for what to say, so enjoy it while it lasts. My husband, David, says I should just come clean about my yarn -- I assume that means tell everyone how much I have.

Oh, please.

Some of my best friends don't know how much I have and there are days when I don't, either. I will say that the bookcase in the basement contains all the yarn that is ... in the basement.

But I am not a hoarder. I am a knitter. Currently in the works:

• A Norwegian sweater that stalled out last spring -- a couple of the colors are bugging me.
• A bag that is ready for felting.
• Hats for my daughters' friends at the barn. Three down, two to go, all to be blocked by this Friday evening. All using different colors of Rowan's Plaid, a lovely, lovely yarn.
• A vest from the latest Jo Sharp book, out of Rowan's Felted Tweed.
• A sweater from Rowan Book 30, out of Jo Sharp's Silkroad Aran Tweed. A bit of cross-pollinating, you might say.

This week, after eight weeks of too much busy-ness at work, I hope to be able to go to the barn and ride a bit. I hope I still know how.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...