Thursday, July 24, 2008

A sticky summer night

Just to entertain myself on the drive home from work, I've gotten in the habit of tracking the moon.* Tonight, as it rose in the sky, it was that fabulous orange – gone, of course, by the time I got to my camera. At 12:30 a.m., this was the view from the top of the street:



Not much of a picture, but what the heck. I like the tail lights and the American flag, fuzzy in the dark and the humidity. As I walked back home a few minutes ago, I thought of a couple things:
• I'm glad I live in an area where I can walk up the street in the middle of night without giving it much thought.
• July must be Mother Nature's version of menopause: pleasant one moment, warm and sweaty the next. OK, August, too.
• I'm grateful for air conditioning.

I'm off for Ely in the morning with my mom for the Blueberry Festival. yay! It's a fun time in my favorite town. Have a good weekend!

* it is waning ...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...