Sunday, March 6, 2011

In the Pink

The good news is that Mr. Denney's sweater has not fallen apart. The better news is that I liberated another set of needles over the weekend. This:


Became this. Or, uh, these:


I promised to send them to my favorite college student, but they're pretty swell, and I'm tempted to keep 'em. The pattern is available here and also on Ravelry. The pattern calls for size 8 needles, but I used 6s, perhaps because I didn't have my glasses on when I cast on? I can't say for sure. They knit up nicely, regardless. The only intentional change I made, and this is pretty small beans, was to use a lifted increase instead of the M1 for the thumb gussets. If I make another pair (and I like them well enough to do that, by the way), I might change how the main cable ends. The yarn is Malabrigo worsted, which I got on sale here, one of the two swell yarn shops within five minutes of my house. The model? My favorite high school sophomore. Thanks, Laurel! Love you! Now, go finish your homework.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...