Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Wee F.O.

I might not believe it either, had I not witnessed the whole thing: A knitting project, made for the season* in time for the season:


It looks good with jeans, over a white blouse as well, so it might stay in the closet all year — after it's done at the shop, where it will be spending the summer.

Tech talk, if you're curious:
The pattern is from the Easy Breezy summer booklet from Nashua Yarns.
Size large
3 skeins of Creative Focus Linen
size 6 needles

Now. What to do about the ongoing crush on this:



which is from this booklet. It seems odd that I haven't seen the yarn in many shops. Is there something I should know?

Get this. I think that this pet bed would be fun to make. Size 50 (!!) needles would be a challenge for these ache-y hands, but the staggering factor is the yarn: Bagsmith Big Stitch, sold by the "bump." Check the price! I feel a different yarn coming on.

*Not today, though -- I half expect Dorothy to blow by the window. And her little dog, too.

1 comment:

woolyjooly said...

I think Dorothy just blew by . . 45 mph gusts down here in Steele Co. I like that cardigan (perfect for you!) - wish they'd show the front size. Happy Mosther's Day to you, Ruth!
WoJo
(p.s. I'll be missing the dog trials and all the fiber at Shepherd's Harvest this year. You?)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...