Thursday, July 23, 2009

Been Gone Too Long

Oh! It's been longer than I thought. I got distracted by, well, just about everything, I guess. Suffice it to say that the layoffs, contractions and other
bloodletting plagueing the newspaper industry also have been eroding the workings of my employer. The unpleasantness and tension are not interesting to write about, let alone read, so let's consider it a vacation, shall we?

This picture of one of my favorite urchins arrived a few weeks ago:


That's NiNi! Modeling the sweater I made for her several years ago, when she arrived at her new home. Alice Starmore's Mendocino, it finally fits! Clearly, I overshot on the size, but that's all right. Thumbs up to you, too, love.

I found this link in an email buried down in my inbox. Maybe everyone has seen it already. According the message I got, this was filmed on March 23 at the train depot in Antwerp, Belgium. The 200 dancers had rehearsed ... twice. I have no way of verifying this, but it's fun to watch, nevertheless.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Very fun--wish I were in Belgium!

Terri B said...

I am so glad you are blogging again. I love the pics of what you are working on even though there are no corgi sweaters for old friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...