Tuesday, December 16, 2008

First Cold Snap of the Season


It's here, certainly only the first of several this winter. An Arctic cold front, when at 1 in the morning, you don't mind looking like a Guindon cartoon. It does make the walk to the mailbox somewhat entertaining — you get to waddle AND make alot of noise. week week week week ... nothing there but frost, the streetlight and frozen tracks from the mail truck:


week week week week ... back up the driveway and it was a little less cold for a moment. This ratty little thing,


which spends its summers getting banged around in the garage, is my favorite Christmas decoration and makes me smile every time I see it. My very own Charlie Brown tree.

In one of those happy little time warps, I have a bit of time to plink away tonight on my new love, my Gaelic Mist sweater from A Fine Fleece. My very large swatch, a k a the first sleeve, is almost done:


I do not know what the temperature is right now, but I do know that it is the perfect temperature for knitting. Think warm thoughts and purl back. ...

2 comments:

woolyjooly said...

good reason to stay home and knit again today, Ruth! Blowing snow, another blizzard warning . . Your Gaelic Mist looks divine. I hope I can finish at least 4 of my 2008 UFOs before 2009 starts . .
Merry Christmas,
Julie

Anonymous said...

I wish is could knit, but I am challenged being left handed.

We have had Artic cold here in Indiana too. I saw diamonds in the sky on Sunday. Beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...