Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Going to the Dogs

Actually, it's me and the dogs! For the weekend, anyway. Mr.D and my two favorite children left yesterday after school to visit Mamaw in Ohio for Thanksgiving. Seeing as how we didn't make it out during the summer, we felt it was important that they get to spend this holiday there. The prospect of a weekend with mom is not having much effect. Look how excited the pups are, one with his bone, the other on his skankie blankie:


Here on the homefront, there's work, dinner on Thursday with my parents, sister and brother, a bit of barn time, some peace and quiet and of course ... knitting! Remember this, once destined to become a Little Rivers wrap?


It came out of the frog pond when I cast on a couple nights ago for the Gaelic Mist sweater out of A Fine Fleece. I hope to make some headway on it this weekend. I'm also grinding out a sheet of stockinette, which will land in the FO collection as a felted pillow. The yarn is some Mooncake, a Malabrigo knock-off that I bought during a going-out-of-business sale over the summer. This project's weakness is also its strength: sometimes very brainless knitting is just right. And you know what? I'm already planning a second one, out of a lovely soft white, perhaps with some needlefelting.

Speaking of projects, here's one. A Debbie Bliss baby sweater, out of Dream in Color Classy, worsted weight superwash. I posted it on Ravelry last week, but here it is again:


By the way, seeing as how tomorrow is Thanksgiving. What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...