Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Them's my kids!

If it's the back half of September, that means the CSDEA Festival, the last show of the season (for us, anyway). Both Meredith and Laurel rode on Saturday and did quite well, each getting third places or above. Sunday was the local championship — Caille Farm did quite well: eight placings in the ribbons, including four riders as Champion or Reserve Champion, including ... Meredith, at Second Level. Watching her face as she realized she'd nabbed the blue was priceless.

Sometimes it pays to hang around after most everyone else has gone home. Case in point: Saturday, a little before 7:00, I was poking around in the barns at the showgrounds when this caught my attention:


I hobbled my aching back over and got there just in time. My timing was off, so I didn't get any pictures of the huffing flames



To think that some say people who ride horses are crazy. Hmmm. I don't know that I could climb into a basket with belching flames, gas fumes, no way out and go dangle a couple hundred feet in the air. eek!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...