Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Look! It's knitting!

I bet you thought it never would happen. I had my doubts, too, but here it is ... the green seed-stitch sweater:


It's been finished for a couple of weeks, but you know. Things get busy.

And, there's been other knitting going on, which occasionally trumps sitting at a keyboard. First, this little item, for baby Ellis:


And, this will be a vest for the shop, one of those with the tall ribbing:


It's this pattern from Tahki's new Tweed Collection booklet, and i'm going a bit off-road with it. The pattern calls for Donegal Tweed, which is worsted weight, of course, but I'm using Blue Sky Worsted Hand Dyes, which leans more toward a light bulky and which I wouldn't knit smaller than on a 9.

There's also some un-knitting on the horizon. Remember this?


I decided I don't like it. One edge is very nice, but the other is fanning and it bugs me. I don't know if it's my upside-down and backward technique, but whatever, it isn't working. So into the frog pond it goes. There are a couple of manly scarf patterns on Ravelry that I'm going to look at, so all is not lost.

Have time for a little silly dog trick? Puppy Gunnar ...


... has perfected the hockey stop on the guest bed -- you know, where the skater skids sideways and sprays ice dust everywhere. Gunnar and Riley were playing the other morning and clearly the hockey stop was part of the game. All the bedding wound up on the floor on the opposite corner, but it was so funny to watch him, how could I be annoyed?

2 comments:

Pamela M. Miller said...

Such beautiful, artistic knitted things! You are such an artist with the needles!

On another subject, I am reading a book called "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" (a best-seller just now) that is all about dogs. It is the best novel I've ever read in which animals were the main characters. I highly recommend it, if you ever have time to read it.

woolyjooly said...

I really like your green sweater. And who is this lucky knitworthy baby Ellis?

I, too, have just started "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle". And just finished "Out Stealing Horses." Right up your alley, both!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...